- This topic is empty.
December 1, 2020 at 8:50 am #15516Joel Hunter
Brick by Brick
How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry
by David C. Robertson, Bill Breen
- Author: David C. Robertson, Bill Breen
- Language: english
- Genres: business, history, management, biography, design, leadership, economics, buisness, science
- Publisher: Crown Business
- Release date: June 25, 2013
- Format: hardcover, 320 pages
- ISBN: 9780307951601 (030795160X)
About The Book
Brick by Brick takes you inside the LEGO you’ve never seen. By following the teams that are inventing some of the world’s best-loved toys, it spotlights the company’s disciplined approach to harnessing creativity and recounts one of the most remarkable business transformations in recent memory.
Brick by Brick reveals how LEGO failed to keep pace with the revolutionary changes in kids’ lives and began sliding into irrelevance. When the company’s leaders implemented some of the business world’s most widely espoused prescriptions for boosting innovation, they ironically pushed the iconic toymaker to the brink of bankruptcy. The company’s near-collapse shows that what works in theory can fail spectacularly in the brutally competitive global economy.
It took a new LEGO management team — faced with the growing rage for electronic toys, few barriers to entry, and ultra-demanding consumers (ten-year old boys) — to reinvent the innovation rule book and transform LEGO into one of the world’s most profitable, fastest-growing companies.
Along the way, Brick by Brick reveals how LEGO:
– Became truly customer-driven by co-creating with kids as well as its passionate adult fans
– Looked beyond products and learned to leverage a full-spectrum approach to innovation
– Opened its innovation process by using both the “wisdom of crowds” and the expertise of elite cliques
– Discovered uncontested, “blue ocean” markets, even as it thrived in brutally competitive red oceans
– Gave its world-class design teams enough space to create and direction to deliver
built a culture where profitable innovation flourishes
Sometimes radical yet always applicable, Brick by Brick abounds with real-world lessons for unleashing breakthrough innovation in your organization, just like LEGO. Whether you’re a senior executive looking to make your company grow, an entrepreneur building a startup from scratch, or a fan who wants to instill some of that LEGO magic in your career, you’ll learn how to build your own innovation advantage, brick by brick.
MP3 book Brick by Brick read on Kobo. Hardback Brick by Brick by David C. Robertson download iPhone. PDF ebook Brick by Brick David C. Robertson buy cheap on Kindle on Barnes & Noble. Paperback Brick by Brick. EPUB book Brick by Brick on Dymocks.
FictionBook ebook Brick by Brick David C. Robertson buy for iPad. FB2 ebook Brick by Brick download Mac. MOBI book Brick by Brick by David C. Robertson read online on Bookshop. Online Brick by Brick download. Hardcover book Brick by Brick by David C. Robertson buy cheap on reader on Booktopia.